The first month of the new year has literally flown by at Angel MedFlight (pun intended). Looking back, it’s amazing to see what we accomplished in such a short amount of time. The flight crew traveled to 14 states, including two trips to Texas, three trips to New York and Florida and they’ve also flown to Jamaica. In fact, as I type this information, the crew is on their way to pick up a patient in Texas. So, that makes it three trips to Texas!
Now that you know what Angel MedFlight has been up to so far this year, we wanted to let you know what we were up to last year. But, first….
A brief Angel MedFlight history lesson:
- Established in 2006
- By 2007, extended services to include international flights
- Have since transported patients from five continents
Now… a look at 2009:
- Saw a 24% increase in the number of flights over 2008
- Coordinated flights from nine countries:
- Dominican Republic
- Puerto Rico
- Longest Flight: 9,415 miles
- Shortest Flight: 144 miles
- Oldest Patient: 97 years old
- Youngest Patient: 1 week old
- Added legal department to help patients with insurance benefit claims
Angel MedFlight’s dedication to providing unparalleled patient care and service is what made 2009 a successful year, and it will make 2010 our best yet.