Originally known as “Decoration Day” for the tradition of placing flags and flowers on fallen soldiers’ graves, Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in service to our country.
Ways to honor the brave on Memorial Day
- Gather with loved ones and read American and family histories
- Visit grave sites or memorials
- Enjoy a parade in your community
- Tune in to the National Memorial Day Concert held at our nation’s Capitol
- Thank U.S. service members for all they do to protect our freedoms
- Pause at 3:00 p.m. local time to observe a National Moment of Remembrance for those who have died
- Find other Memorial Day events online or in your local media
Angel MedFlight pays tribute to our fallen heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice defending our nation.
We salute all of our military service men and women for your bravery in safeguarding our great country’s freedom.