Here are a few nursing facts for National Nurses Week:
– There are approximately 2.7 million Registered Nurses in the U.S.
– Nurses make up the largest health care population, outnumbering doctors 4 to 1
– Less than 6% of RNs are male
– Nearly 60% of RNs work in a hospital setting
– The average nursing shift is 8 to 10 hours
– National Nurses Week occurs annually, beginning May 6 and extending through May 12, Florence Nightingale’s birthday
Angel MedFlight has talented RN team members on our flight medical crews, flight coordination department and community outreach team. Our nurses’ expertise and compassion are invaluable at every phase of patient transport, from flight coordination to Bedside-to-Bedside™ care to education and outreach.