If your child were diagnosed with a rare or life-threatening condition, you would go to any lengths to ensure that your little one received treatment at the top pediatric facility.
But how do you know which hospital that is?
Well, an excellent place to start is U.S. News and World Report’s annual rankings of children’s hospitals, which rates facilities by specialty: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology, neonatology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, and urology.
U.S. News also publishes an “Honor Roll” of children’s hospitals which received high scores in three or more specialties. The Honor Roll for 2012-13 is:
1. Boston Children’s Hospital (tie)
1. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (tie)
3. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
4. Texas Children’s Hospital
5. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
6. Seattle Children’s Hospital
7. Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
8. Children’s Hospital Colorado (tie)
8. Nationwide Children’s Hospital (tie)
10. Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC (tie)
10. Johns Hopkins Children’s Center (tie)
10. St. Louis Children’s Hospital-Washington University (tie)
As an air ambulance provider dedicated to helping patients of all ages reach the specialized care they need, Angel MedFlight has transported children to top-ranked facilities all over the world, including those on this year’s Honor Roll.
Thanks to all of the wonderful medical and administrative professionals at these top hospitals for taking such wonderful care of kids in need!