It’s a question we hear nearly every day from patients and family members needing air ambulance transport. A good rule of thumb is to pack one carry-on sized piece of luggage.
While we do utilize the spacious Learjet 60 for medical flights, we still must consider that significant space is taken up by our onboard medical personnel and equipment.
Every Angel MedFlight air ambulance mission includes two pilots, two critical care medical crew and these specialized equipment and medications:
- LifePort Plus stretcher system
- ZOLL Propaq MD heart monitor/defibrillator
- LTV-1200 ventilator
- Full complement of ACLS/critical care medications
- Additional oxygen
- Supplies for intubation and oxygen delivery, IV pumps
- Laptop for patient charting & communications
- Other specialized personnel, equipment and medications as dictated by the patient’s condition
We understand that your possessions are important, and we will carefully ship any other luggage and non-essentials for patients and family members on our medical flights.