It’s that time of the year again when laughter and joy echoes down the streets as costumed children prance from door to door, neighborhood to neighborhood. Everywhere there are gleeful children enjoying the one night of the year when friendly neighbors hand out delicious sweets and the only thing on the menu is candy, candy and more candy! To ensure you, your children and fellow neighborhood youngsters have a terrific Halloween; there are a few easy safety tips and tricks to remember.
- Make sure children trick-or-treat in groups or with a responsible adult.
- Look both ways before crossing the street (State Farm reports that car accidents are the number one cause of Halloween hospital visits).
- Stay off the street and on sidewalks whenever possible.
- Carry flashlights to help you see and be seen.
- Do not enter any homes.
- Do not eat any homemade candies.
- Use reflective tape on costumes to help cars and other pedestrians see you.
- Take only one piece of candy…
Every Halloween thousands of people find themselves in emergency rooms throughout the United States. Angel MedFlight Worldwide Air Ambulance Services knows the importance of the Halloween tradition for young children but as an industry-leading air medical care provider, we strive to do what we can to make the festivities as safe as possible.
By following the above recommendations you and your children can have fun and be safe this Halloween! Don’t be a ghoul, follow these rules!